hey y'all! oh my goodness, it's been a long time.
first off, how the heck are ya?!? you could have moved across the country and i would have missed it since i've been gone! what's everyone up to? school? work?
goodness gracious, a lot of things have changed in my life as well, and i thought i'd swing by to update you guys. i've gotten some INCREDIBLY sweet comments and emails from my blog friends saying hi and checking on me, and can i just say how much that means to me? you guys rock my world.
so, where do i begin?
- i finished last semester with straight A's! i think that might have been the first time ever in the history of education. it was doubly a huge blessing because it was my first semester back and i was scared out of my mind!
- i started taking classes again this semester, but with everything going on health-wise, right now just wasn't the right time, so i withdrew. again. yesss.... i wasn't very happy about this, and i still am not. it breaks my heart to not be able to move forward, but you know, God is good. He's shown me a million reasons why withdrawing was the right choice. it still kinda stings, though, but i know this isn't the end of the road for me :)
- i have a job interview this morning! i am TERRIFIED to come back to work, since it's been over a year since i had to quit my job before. i am just applying for a front desk position at my local gym, nothing big, but for me? it's HUGE. i am so looking forward to being able to love on people first thing in the mornings. i might be the first face they see everyday, and what better opportunity to show love than that? AND bring in a paycheck?!? i'm psyched (as is my dwindling savings account!).
- i had to put running on hold right now. just not working out so well with the body, but i have still been able to be active! i'm realizing it doesn't matter whether or not what i do is considered a "workout," that just being active is the key to a healthy body. whether that's a walk or a 100 mile run, who cares? take care of yourself, and let the details rest.
- i decided to grow my hair back out! who knows how long it will end up, but i decided i really miss the soft femininity of longer hair. when i'm really fibro-y, it would be nice to have something soft and beautiful to kinda "distract" from the bleariness of my eyes, ya know? we shall see.
- as far as pain/fibro goes, honestly, it's been awful. it's been a struggle every day, and it's taken a lot bigger toll emotionally than i expected. i'm not sure why it shocks me to still be struggling to grasp this a year later, but it is and it does, daily. but God is so good - there isn't a day that goes by where i don't realize how much this has shaped my life, for the better. God continues to bless me through it and by it, and that blows me away. don't get me wrong, it still brings me to tears almost every day, but when you see the purpose in something, it makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?
- i've been cooking dinner most nights here! it's been an awesome journey in the kitchen. i'm getting more and more comfortable, and learning tons of new skills/techniques, thank goodness! i have been doing a lot of soups, but also some more "structured" foods for our meals. i did get my celiac test again, and i am sticking to gluten-free from here on out. can i just say, I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! seriously. if you struggle with bloating, i HIGHLY recommend seriously committing to a trial run of going gluten-free. it might be pointless, but if it could possibly help at all, don't you deserve that?
- as far as eating by a label, i will just say i am not currently able to eat vegan. my weight was suffering to the point of being dangerous, and i am still working with what is the best food for treating my body right. am i an omnivore/pescatarian/whatever? honestly, i don't really care, nor do i feel the need to "define" myself. i will keep you posted on how it goes!
now your turn! what's going on!?!?